Be Part of the Team Solving Manufacturing’s Toughest Challenges
At EFI Group, we understand that our ability to solve manufacturing’s toughest challenges depends on the expertise and talent of our team. Therefore we’re always seeking employees and independent contractors who can broaden our experience and bring a focused and determined mindset to delivering positive outcomes for our clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer an informal and fast-paced working environment in which every member of our team is enabled to achieve his or her full potential.
If you’re a subject matter expert, Project Engineer or CAD designer who wants to be part of a high-performing team, please send a cover letter and your resume to Beth Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to our open inquiry policy, EFI Group is currently seeking to fill the following positions:
Provide engineering project development and leadership services to our diverse list of clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of projects focused on manufacturing process and equipment reliability improvements, plant expansions, and manufacturing cost reduction projects within a variety of industries. The Project Engineer will finish assigned engineering projects in accordance with customer specifications and within schedule and budget limitations. The Project Engineer will also be responsible for coordinating activities of the engineering team, the client, contractors, and vendors.
- Work closely with CAD Technicians to direct their efforts and develop appropriate project documents within budget
- Critically analyze manufacturing processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement, and make improvement recommendations to clients
- Provide process engineering and equipment layout, integration, and specification services for projects which include comparative analysis, technical evaluations, cost estimates and executive summaries for senior management
- Provide project management leadership by developing and tracking project timelines in MS Project, managing sub-contracted engineering firms, establishing and tracking project budget so that all projects are completed in accordance with the project scope, schedule, and budget
- Perform field work including gathering dimensions, field data, and process observations
- Contact suppliers and subcontractors as needed to generate bids and proposals
- Assess suppliers and subcontractors for competence, capabilities and resources
- Perform vendor equipment investigation, selection, coordination efforts related to projects
- Prepare and review equipment purchase specifications and contractor scope documents
- Identify and pursue additional project opportunities with clients through business development conversations.
- At least 10 years of engineering experience in manufacturing operations. Preferred to have MOST of this experience in a combination of the following areas:
- Project Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Operations – supervision/management
- Engineering degree from an accredited 4-year engineering program in one of the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Others considered with an appropriate level of related experience
- EIT certification (PE Registration preferred)
- Working knowledge of machine/equipment design, power transmission, fabrication and welding, machined parts / assemblies
- AutoCAD – Ability to edit AutoCAD drawings in both 2D and 3D
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing basics
- Basic knowledge of electrical power distribution and control systems/methods
- Strong analytic thinking, problem solving skills, an aptitude for detail and strong organizational abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and meeting management skills and the ability to communicate clearly with maintenance and operations staff
- Must perform with the highest of ethical business practices, maintain organizational integrity, adhere to all safe working practices
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to secure a Passport and travel Visas • Expected travel is approximately 25%, but is project dependent
- Must be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after-hours duty as projects require
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to Beth Hess at email@example.com.