EFI Group is currently looking for a talented individual for the position of 3D CAD Technician. If you think you’d be a good fit to join our dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you.
Description: Under the supervision of the CAD Department Manager, the 3D CAD Technician performs a variety of design/drafting activities including preparing/updating installation drawings for projects, preparing fabrication/assembly drawings, establishing guidelines and procedures for CAD data management, and managing workload distribution within the CAD department. Other duties to be performed as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Project Manager to determine manufacturer’s dimensions and specifications as needed.
- Prepare dimensional drawings, installation drawings and more complex drawings.
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes.
- Review blueprints, plans, specifications and other customer documentation if service is requested by the Project Manager.
- Work with CAD Department Manager on guidelines for installation drawings which meet and exceed the customer’s requirements (bid and submittal phase). Implement these requirements on drawings sent to the customer.
- Serve as an information source on planning and design of equipment installations: equipment and plant engineering.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (i.e. drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, equipment lists, cost estimates) for future reference.
- Prepare drawings for the manufacturing and assembly of projects as required.
- Perform field work (gather dimensions, field data and process observations).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2D and 3D design software.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Plant 3D (preferred).
- Excellent communications skills: interpersonal, oral and written.
- Skilled in PC usage and associated software including Microsoft Office.
- Able to obtain field dimensions and generate accurate sketches.
- Able to generate 2D and 3D layout drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Familiar with design parameters related to industrial plant layout.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Proficient in mathematics through basic trigonometry.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently schedule and manage time.
- Associate’s degree or completion of a technical trade school in CAD, drafting or related field, plus at least ten years of related work experience: or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D and 3D design software (required).
- Part modeling and detailing experience using AutoCAD Plant 3D design software (preferred).
- Experience in equipment layout for industrial construction projects (required).
The 3D CAD Technician must be able to concentrate for extended periods of time paying close attention to detail. The 3D CAD Technician’s work environment does not require much physical movement. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. There may be occasional field trips to customer sites where dust and noise may be present. While at a customer facility the 3D CAD Technician will be required to walk significant distances and climb stairs and ladders.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to Beth Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org.